I recently came across a bug with Elastix 2.x in which outbound calls over a SIP trunk or PRI (E1/T1) drop after 30 seconds. From testing, this can occur with Counterpath X-Lite as well as Linksys PAP2 devices. The issue occurs at random and only affects some outbound calls. There is nothing noted in the Asterisk log, CDR log or system logs which makes the issue difficult to diagnose.
To resolve this problem you need to make two modifications, one to Asterisk and one to X-Lite:
1. Login to your Asterisk server.
2. Edit: /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
3. Make sure the following statements are commented out:
4. Restart your amportal or reload Asterisk.
1. Open X-Lite Continue reading “Elastix Drops Calls After 30 Seconds”
Asterisk 1.4 and above supports video calls using h264, h263p, h263 and h261 as a bit rate of 384 kb/s.
To enable Asterisk video support in FreePBX:
1. Login to your server at http://<your-server>/admin
2. Click on ‘Tools’ then ‘Asterisk SIP Settings’
3. Click the ‘Enabled’ check box next to Video Support then check “h264”, “h263p”, “h263” and “h261”
4. Click ‘Apply’ to save the settings.
You can now use soft phone applications such as CouterPath’s free ‘X-Lite‘ application to make video calls to other Asterisk extensions.
If you are using FreePBX 2.8.x and experience the following error:
You are using the default ARI Admin password that is widely known, you should change to a new password. Do this in amportal.conf
Added 0 minutes ago
You can correct it as follows:
1. $ nano -w “/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php”
3. Close and save the file.
4. Edit /etc/amportal.conf and add the following lines at the bottom:
NOTE: Its expected that you will change “your-new-secret-password” to something only you know.
5. Restart amportal using – $ amportal restart
When using FreePBX 2.8x and/or Elastix you experience the following error:
retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf from dahdiconfig/etc
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
To resolve this error:
1. $ rm -f /var/www/html/admin/modules/dahdiconfig/etc/chan_dahdi.conf
2. $ amportal restart
For further details click here.