For those who are not familiar with the scripts, here is a simplified list of what the scripts can do for you:
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Aastra XML scripts, here is a simplified list of what they provide:
- Self-provisioning, when you plug an Aastra phone on the network, the phone automatically discovers the Elastix server and prompts the user for a username and password. After that, the phone is fully configured. Zero touch.
- Server side DND and CFWD, you can now enable/disable DND and CFWD from the phone without using a star code, a LED will tell you if the feature is enabled.
- Visual Voice mail, access to your messages and configure your VM box without calling the mail box.
- Find-me follow-me configuration
- ACD agent login/logout
- ACD queues status
- PBX Directory, speed dial
- Visual parking lets you see who is parked and allows pickup
- Meet-me conference manager
The scripts provide a significant number of end user as well as admin functions.
From the console, logged in as root:
chmod +x install-aastra-xml-EL.x
Once this completes run:
This will create /tftpboot/aastra.cfg and then REBOOT the server.
Once the server has rebooted you must install a patch which resolves bugs in Aastra XML identified during beta testing:
chmod +x aastra-xml-scripts-2.2.1-patch-1.run
The installation script will also install the latest general availability (GA) firmware.
To access the Aastra XML documentation please vist: http://www.aastratelecom.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3D8CCB6A-5579BFD6/03/hs.xsl/35707.htm