For those who are not familiar with the scripts, here is a simplified list of what the scripts can do for you:
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Aastra XML scripts, here is a simplified list of what they provide:
- Self-provisioning, when you plug an Aastra phone on the network, the phone automatically discovers the Elastix server and prompts the user for a username and password. After that, the phone is fully configured. Zero touch.
- Server side DND and CFWD, you can now enable/disable DND and CFWD from the phone without using a star code, a LED will tell you if the feature is enabled.
- Visual Voice mail, access to your messages and configure your VM box without calling the mail box.
- Find-me follow-me configuration
- ACD agent login/logout
- ACD queues status
- PBX Directory, speed dial
- Visual parking lets you see who is parked and allows pickup
- Meet-me conference manager
The scripts provide a significant number of end user as well as admin functions. Continue reading “How to install Aastra XML scripts for Elastix”