Dell OpenManage Server Administrator or OMSA allows you to see detailed information regarding your Dell hardware. It also allows you to perform operations such as specifying hot spares, configure RAID arrays and setup hardware monitoring and alerts.
Download the OMSA Offline Bundle from the Dell Website
Visit http://support.dell.com, enter your servers ‘service tag’ then browse to ‘Drivers and Downloads’. Under ‘Operating System’ select the version of VMware ESXi you are using, e.g. VMware ESXi 5.5 then under the “Systems Management” download the “Dell OpenManageServer Administrator vSphere Installation Bundle (VIB) for ESXi X.X.X” where X.X.X is your version.
Enable SSH on your VMware Server
In order to upload the OMSA Offline Bundle and install it you will need to enable SSH access to your VMware server as follows:
Use the vSphere Client to enable local and remote access to the ESXi Shell:
- Log into a vCenter Server system using the vSphere Client.
- Select the host in the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Security Profile.
- In the Services section, click Properties.
- Select ESXi Shell from this list:
Direct Console UI
- Click Options and select Start and stop manually.Note: When you select Start and stop manually, the service does not start when you reboot the host. If you want the service to start when you reboot the host, select Start and stop with host. Continue reading “Install Dell OpenManage Server Administrator on VMware ESXi 5.x”