WPScan is a vulnerability scanner which checks the security of WordPress installations using a black box approach – scanning without any prior knowledge of what has been installed.
- Username enumeration (from author querystring and location header)
- Weak password cracking (multithreaded)
- Version enumeration (from generator meta tag)
- Vulnerability enumeration (based on version)
- Plugin enumeration (2220 most popular by default)
- Plugin vulnerability enumeration (based on version) (todo)
- Plugin enumeration list generation
- Other misc WordPress checks (theme name, dir listing, …)
WPScan requires two non native Ruby gems, typhoeus and xml-simple. It should work on both Ruby 1.8.x and 1.9.x.
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev
sudo gem install –user-install typhoeus
sudo gem install –user-install xml-simple
The full README is available here.
You can download WPScan by checking it out from the SVN repository on Google Code:
svn checkout http://wpscan.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ wpscan-read-only
Or you can read more here.