To use email alerts, you need to first configure SEPM to use your email server, then configure the alerts as needed.
Configure SEPM to connect to the email server:
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, click Admin.
- Click Server panel.
- Select the Management Server for which you wish to configure the email server and go to Edit Server Properties..
- In the Server Properties dialog box, click the Mail Server tab.
- Enter the Server Address, which would be an IP address, host name, or domain name of the email server.
- Enter the Port Number for the email server that sends the notifications.
- Enter the User name of the account on the email server. If you want to configure administrator email notifications, you should use the format user@domain in this text box. If the text box is left blank, SYSTEM@computer name sends the notifications.
- Enter a Password of the account on the email server. This field is mandatory if the email server requires authentication.
Configure email alerts:
- Click Monitors.
- Click Notifications tab.
- Click the View Notifications button.
- Click the Notification Conditions button. Continue reading “Setup email alerts for Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)”